Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Little Differences.....

I've been thinking of a few odd things that I wanted to tell you that are different here in Saudi:

-at the grocery store on the chip aisle, all the brands-Lay's, Dorito's, etc- have a "Tomato Ketchup" flavor! I haven't bought any because, well, just yuck!

-at the beauty shop, you pay BEFORE they do your hair or nails

-if you have change coming back, they hardly ever give it to you. I mean, they give you the bills, just not the coins. BUT, sometimes they'll give you a small pack of gum instead.

-at the bank, you pull a number like at the DMV (although it doesn't take any time at all) When it's your turn, your number in neon lights up above the teller. Anyway, while you wait, a little guy in a bow tie walks around with a tea set on a tray and offers you coffee or tea in tiny porcelin cups.

I'll think of more but my mind went blank. There are so many! None of them or bad or a big deal, just so very different!

3 happy thoughts:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Hey....some of these are just plain weird. HAHA Either way, I bet it is cool.

Wendy said...

Keep them comming I love learning tid bits about other countries. maybe we will still make it over there one day.

Elle said...

Wow! that's awesome. Buy some ketchup chips and bring them home for us to try! haha