Ooops! What in the world has happened to my blogging? It's been two months now. So much has happened lately that I'm overwhelmed with the thought of trying to capture it all with words and pictures. So, I'm going to just touch on some highlights and go from there.
- The middle of December found us boarding a big plane to bring us back to the good old USA for the Christmas holidays.
- Brad, Whitney, Evan and I flew to Miami and rented a car. We drove down to Key West for a few days. We ate some good food and saw some sights then on to Orlando for some real fun.
- Drove up to Orlando. Checked in to the condo and met up with Victor, Stephanie, Devon and Emily (Brad's sister and family) We dropped off the kids and headed to the airport to pick up the other kids. Taylor and Ivy and Piper flew in around the same time so Brad and I went our separate ways to find them. Bought Piper a Minnie Mouse at the airport. Calder didn't fly in until the next night. It was SO great to gather them all up and then we headed back to the condo. Jerry had reserved two three-bedroom condos right next door to each other. They were beautiful!
- Brad's parents, Mary and Jerry, flew in later that night. Brad's brother, Brian and wife, Cindy had arrived that day, as well. Now everybody was there.
- Took Disney by storm! Everybody hit it hard. Covered it all, Hollywood Studio(where our favs are Tower of Terror and Rockin' Roller Coaster) Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Animal Kingdom....The funnest thing was Piper being there. She was really, really good and it was so fun to watch her loving every minute.
- Ate Christmas dinner at Golden Corral but even that was good. It was a huge buffet with all the holiday trimmings.
- Spent a wonderful week there then put the Huntington's on their flight back to Vegas and the Graves back to Arkansas. The other Pogue's (Mary and Jerry) were headed to Ft. Lauderdale to go on a cruise. Said our goodbyes and flew back home to Louisiana!
- Spent a relaxing ten days with our family and friends. Nothing set in stone to do, no wake-up times, no committments.....very relaxing, enjoyable days. Some eating, some shopping, some movies.
- Put Taylor in a plane back to Idaho for winter semester. He's signed up for snowboarding class (along with his real engineering classes) and is spending all the free time he has on the mountain and loving every minute of it.
- Flew back to Saudi in time to rest a couple of days and send everybody back to school and work. Chelsea was glad to see us when we picked her up at the kennel. She knew we had had fun without her. The best thing about this trip is we got bumped to Business Class for the longest leg from Dallas to London....it was fab!
- Found out the happy news that new Baby Huntington will be a BOY! Piper will be the beautiful big sister to a bouncing baby brother in June!
- Evan tried out for the school, Dhahran Academy's fall production of The Crucible. He found out he got the role of Giles Cory and he is really excited. They started practice Thursday and it will be a busy couple of months with practice almost every day.
- We also got word that Whitney has been accepted to BYU-I! It's nice to feel like we have a plan now and can make summer plans. Yay, Whit!
- The kids are heading into mid-terms this week but after that, have their trips to Switzerland and Bali to look forward to. Evan to snowboard in the Alps, Whitney to snorkle, hike and bike in Bali. What's wrong with this picture?? I've never been either place. Someday.....
So, that's basically what's been up! If you ever look at my facebook, you knew most of this anyway. Now I feel like I can start from 'now' and I'm not behind anymore! (It will also help to change my Christmas background to something else!) Love y'all and thanks for reading!