Saturday, June 13, 2009

Heading back......

Wednesday night, or actually early Thursday morning, the kids and I are flying out of Bahrain. Laying over in London, then on to Dallas then on to Lake Charles! We will be there two whole months.

Things I'm looking forward to:

  • hanging out with friends and family
  • some girls nights out
  • eating at Steamboat Bill's, Main Moon, Sausage Link and O'Charley's
  • BlueBell
  • walking in the evenings at the SHS track
  • shopping at the mall in the middle of the afternoon
  • not having to take a bus to the mall
  • WalMart, Target, Kroger

Things that I will miss:

  • the pool/gym right behind my house
  • cheese bread (I know you're thinking I can eat cheese bread but you don't even understand)
  • my hubbie
  • my dog
  • throwing on my abaya if I don't feel like getting dressed to go out (haha- I'm serious!)
  • schwarmas and stir-fry by the pool on week-end nights
  • super-duper cheap gas

Not really looking forward to the flight but can't wait to see everybody! I'm not sure how the home phone will work out because it's still on Vonage here in Saudi so call me on my cell phone. (if you remember it! Let's see who my real friends are.....just kidding!) I might be a little jet-lagged for a few days but then I'm ready to have fun!

6 happy thoughts:

Andrea said...

Hooray!!!! How exciting:) that flight sounds long but just think,it will be worth it. Steamboat Bills!!! Have a safe flight.

Susan said...

Whoo-hoo!!!! See you when you get here!! And don't forget WinkyDo's...

Laura said...

Yay! What a long and icky trip, but worth it! We have to have a BIG girls night out. I need one!

Bartonbunch5 said...

I wish I lived closer so I could spend some time with you! have great fun back in good ole Louisiana.

RaeAnn said...

We can't wait to see you!!

Debbie said...

Just read your blog!
How exciting!!!
You'll soon be back home in Louisiana! Hope you have a great summer! Please e-mail me your cell phone number so I can give you a call now and then! I'm in Houston right now with Wade.
Miss all of you!