Thursday, June 4, 2009

Just stuff..............

Guess I've had a little "blogger's block" lately. Here are some random things we've been up to!

(images lifted from one of Evan's Facebook friends.....thanks!)

  • Tonight I chaperoned Evan's 8/9th grade Prom. It was beautiful. The theme was Hollywood or The Oscar's, something to that affect. It was fun to see him having fun with his friends. He is at an after-party now and I have to pick him up at 1:00 am. Guess that's the motivation behind this update. Can't go to bed anyway. (Evan is the tall boy in the pics with the white shirt)

  • Our compound/city has a movie theatre with movies that are not too old. We've been going up there alot. We saw Australia last week. We thought it was ridiculously long and not as good as we thought it would be. Evan thought they must have not been able to decide on an ending and just included everybody's ideas.....I have to agree. This week we saw Seven Pounds with Will Smith. It was alright. Cheap entertainment for sure!

  • I feel bad for the kids because all their friends back home are already out for summer. Feels like my kids have been going to school forever! It's winding down now, though, and that feels good.

  • The countdown is on.... we fly back to Louisiana on June 18th. The kids are really excited. I am too, but I'm really going to miss Brad! Wonder how he and the dog will get along all that time without us. haha I'm sure they both will be bored silly.

  • President Obama was here in Saudi Arabia today. I wonder what he and the King talked about.

1 happy thoughts:

Susan said...

Hey Gwen! We rented Australia from redbox last week...the first half of the movie was lame, but the 2nd half was better. I don't think I could have made it through sitting in a theatre though.

See you soon! :)