Saturday, October 23, 2010

Random Stuff.....

Well, again, it's been too long since I blogged. Life is normal, busy. I really am in a blogger's slump but here are a few random things. I've been reading this book, The Help. Thanks to Katie, Ivy and Donna for recommending it. It's fabulous. Really, one of my all time favorites. Read it if you have time. As most of you know from facebook, we took family pictures while we were home for summer. I finally got them all printed and framed. Today my friends, Donna and Leanne came and helped me hang them. They look SO good and I'm so excited. They make my family room seem so cozy. No more bare white walls waiting for the pictures! I'll put up another pic soon of the huge family one I got done in color. I bought a sideboard table thing today to go under it in the living room. I'll get it hung tomorrow and post....maybe......

Just another view of our little family room....

I love this guy. He's been working so much overtime lately that we haven't been seeing much of him. But this week he's in training so he gets to leave the house later and come home earlier. Yay!
I snapped this today during Whitney's "naptime". She'll freak if she sees I posted this (actually, that I even took this. She's still right there in the same position as I blog) but she'll get over it.
A few Fridays ago (which is like our Sunday) all the guys had a meeting in the afternoon so Donna and Abigail came over and ate lunch with us. We watched 500 Days of Summer and played beauty shop. Whitney curled their hair and they both looked so cute. Fun to have a nice, fun girls day. Cupcakes and popcorn were also involved.
We can't seem to keep Chelsea off of the X-box lately! haha Found this on my memory card. I guess Evan got her all set up. Maybe taking some attention off of his own video game addiction! But anyway, cute picture. (ignore my fat-self in the background)
I still read all your blogs even though I'm a slacker on mine! On a happy note, Leanne is back in Saudi. We missed you!

5 happy thoughts:

MaryRuth said...

yay for an update! Love the picture wall!

xoxox

MR

Susan said...

Your family pictures look awesome!!! And oh, I'm lonesome for Chelsea!! Hug her for me!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Love the family pictures on the wall! Great job!

Carolina girl said...

The picture wall looks great! LOVE it!

Be A Saint said...

Just finished "The Help"!! I love it, too. It was just great! Thanks for the tip. Just started "W"'s book today!! So far so good!