Friday, September 24, 2010

The Reason.....

To Whom it May Concern:

Please excuse Gwen's absence from her blog, facebook and any other forms of communication. You see, her new Kindle arrived and she has been busy reading books, playing word games and other worthwhile activities.

Really, I LOVE my new Kindle! I ordered it and had it shipped to my friend Debbie's house in Utah. Her husband, Wade, brought it back to Saudi for me last week. (along with my blue case with light that works off the Kindle battery) I had debated for a long time about whether or not I wanted one because 1) I enjoy owning books 2) I like the way books look on the bookshelf and 3) I like the way books feel, the pages turning, the print, etc. But I finally ordered mine and I love it more than I ever thought I would! I've ordered a few books and am really enjoying reading. Starting with Catching Fire (second book in the Hunger Games series). Awesome. Next, Mockingjay (3rd in the series). Then, because Evan recommended it, The Book Thief. Also, all my scriptures, song book are on it and easily accessible. ***** (5 Stars from Gwen for her Kindle!!!) Any book suggestions??

4 happy thoughts:

Susan said...

Shoot I just left you a detailed comment but the computer wiped it out...OK:

* A Journey My Political Life by Tony Blair is my next one.
* Making Toast
* House Rules by Jodi Picoult (a novel)

Anyway, check my blog I did a post on summer reading a couple of months ago.

Katie M. said...

I LOVED the Hunger Games series, and the Book Thief is really good, too. I recently read A Thousand Splendid Suns and really liked it. The Help is on my to-read list...I've heard it's a great one.

Unknown said...

I've been thinking about getting a kindle, especially with their new lower price, thanks for your review. if you like myster harlan coben is really good, just one look is one of my faves, but i really like all of his books, they myron boliter ones have quite a bit language though.

Lou Ellen said...

I love the Hunger Games series, my book club is doing Mockingjay this month. The Book Thief is one of the most - ack, can't even explain, heart wrenching books. I listened to the CD, also a book club choice of ours, so compelling, it's really prose in fiction-style. I am definently on board with Harlan Coben. But my favorite crime fiction writer (for so many years) is James Lee Burke from New Iberia - he writes a lot of different stuff, but his series about Dave Robichaux, a sheriff's deputy in that area - ah, it's the best. I've read everything he's ever written. Have you ever read Paula Deen's autogiography? It's a hoot, funny and fascinating.