Tuesday, April 8, 2008

General Conference Weekend.....

Absoluetely loved general conference this time. Felt like so many of the messages were just for me . I always love conference. There is something so wonderful about sleeping late then watching "church" in your pajamas. President Monson was awesome! We have always loved his humor. Vicki- so jealous you were there. (not really jealous- but happy for you). The weather was beautiful all weekend.


During and between sessions of conference, I spread my stuff out all over the table and worked on the Teacher Appreciation Dinner invitations. My job this year was making the invitations. The theme is "You are the Apple of my Eye!" All the kids at church invite their school teachers to a nice program and dinner to honor them. It is always wonderful and the teachers love it. Didn't the invitations turn out cute ?!? There were 100 of them.


Taylor's last email said he was flying out on the ninth of April to France. Well, I didn't schedule to work that day so I wouldn't miss his call. I did work today but had my planning period from 9:50-10:50. I decided to run home and put some clothes in the dryer, etc. The MINUTE I walked in the door the phone rang with a Salt Lake City number and an automated thing asked me if I would accept a collect call. I pressed one to accept and got disconnected. I tried two or three times to call the number back. Finally Taylor answered! He said, "I realized after I sent that last email that I told you the wrong date!" Somebody was definitely looking out for me and letting me get that phone call. Taylor sounds great. We talked about 20 minutes and he had to board the plane to Atlanta. About 3:30 he called back from the Atlanta airport. It was just in time to talk to Whitney and Evan. Brad was able to call him back on the airport pay phone and chat for a little while. He hung up when he had to board the plane for Paris! He is excited and upbeat. Hope to hear from him soon.......



10 happy thoughts:

MaryRuth said...

Gwen... cute invitations!! So cute!!

AND THAT'S SO GREAT that you got to talk to Taylor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! So cool!!!!!!!

Carolina girl said...

You did a great job on the invitations!! I love them!! And I'm so glad you didn't miss Taylor's call. What a great blessing!:)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

My heart was thrilled as I read your post. How wonderful is that to get Taylors call on the way to Paris. That is so wonderful. I am so proud of him.

The invitations were precious.

Susan said...

I can't imagine if you hadn't gone home and might have missed his call?? I would've been crushed! Good luck to Taylor! :)

Erin said...

I am so happy for you that you were able to go home and receive Taylor's phone call.
And it's so great that his next call was when the other kids were home from school.
You have a beautiful family and have truly been blessed!

Lisa said...

I want to leave a comment too! But everyone has already said what I wanted to say. Conference was great, invitations so cute and, happy you got the phone call!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ivy said...

Cute Invitations! I wish I had something to make cute invitations for!

Julie Church said...

Gwen,
Those are the cutest little apple invitations,ever! Hooray! You were home for the very important call. Taylor needed to talk to his Mom before he left. (Don't worry, Mother's day is getting close!)
Julie

Alan and Sharon said...

It's true...they've said it all...but I agree!