Thursday, April 24, 2008

Forever Friends.....

Lately I've been thinking about all my kids friends. With all the talk in the world about peer pressure and bad influences, I feel like my family has been extremely blessed with influences for the good. My kids have had wonderful, fun friends in and out of the Church.

The past few years before Taylor left on his mission, he and the Lovelace boys were inseperable. He and Eric in particular. They worked out on weights and hung out on a daily basis. They spent many nights playing video games all night and fishing all day. Notice the weight-gain/muscle building concoctions in the windowsill!
Gotta LOVE Sidney (below) and Alex (above)! Whitney and Mary Catherine have spent MANY MANY MANY days and nights with the Powell's playing with American Girl dolls and swimming and dreaming of the day when they can all get an apartment together!



That Taylor Zachary is everybody's buddy.... what a great kid!


Love this picture of the Pogue boys (Big Taylor and Evan) and the Zachary boys (Alex and Little Taylor). What wonderful men they are becoming.


Whitney's good friends from school Megan, Rhonda and Danielle.

Can't even tell you how much we love Evan's friend, Blake. They have been great buds since second grade! He's been on two memorable vacations with our family.


Can't think of a "friend's post" without Mitchell! Mitchell and his family moved in next door when the boys were in Kindergarten. They have been together daily since playing soccer, basketball, baseball, football- you name it, they have played it together


Mary Catherine and Whitney have always been friends! We met Mary Catherine when she was two months old. Whitney called her "Mee Mammin" before she could say Mary Catherine. We love that girl. She and Whitney are definately "besties"!
So many more friends have influenced our kids that I don't have pictures of....... to name a few, Ivy's friends Candace (who now has kids of her own) and Marca. Ivy- you can do your own blog about the miles and miles you and Candace put on the doll strollers around the block. Also, all the books that you and Marca read together laying in your bed. Taylor's golf buddies will always be close to his heart. Brett, for sure, being a "forever friend". Let's not forget Quintin who has been a neighbor and friend since Kindergarten. And Whitney and Kathryn will always be buds.
Thank you all for playing such a huge role in the lives of our kids............we love you!

5 happy thoughts:

Ivy said...

What a great post! We did all have great friends. I do kinda feel like I should have at least one picture on here, being that I am your kid and all. I guess that's what happens when most of my pictures were pre-digital camera?

Be A Saint said...

I saw Candace yesterday at Kroger. Did you know that she was about to have another baby? What a sweet post.

Sharon said...

So, I was going to make a comment on how it is so great to have good friends and then after reading Ivy's comment, I've decided to go with "It is really difficult with pre-digital pictures!" I've had this problem several times while blogging! These young-uns just don't know how lucky they are to grow up like this! :)

Susan said...

What darling pictures! And yeah, I agree w/ Ivy -- find that girl a friend and put the photo on here! I KNOW she had friends at the reception, so that'll do for now. :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

HAHA......Again, I loved this post. It was wonderful! This is why we moved back home. There is nothing like growing up with good friends.