Saturday, April 12, 2008

He made it........

First of all, thank you all for your sweet comments on my last post! I LOVE comments and I think I hit a record......appreciate all your support and kind words. Wednesday afternoon I was at home and got a call from a nice Elder from the Toulouse France mission saying your son has arrived. We knew he had because like big nerds we had tracked his flight all the way across the Atlantic. We actually went to bed before he flew into Paris but followed him online over half way. In fact in my last post, we captured the image of him being almost half way. We recognize the geekiness of this and are ok with it........ Today (Friday) we received an email that he had been assigned to Vitrolles. It's on the southern coast of France, southeast of Toulouse. His colleague's name is Elder Clyde but that's all I know. We should hear from him on Tuesday.








Here is a picture of he and Elder Clyde and the mission president, Craig Merrell and his wife. So now that he's there, let the adventure begin!

3 happy thoughts:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Carolina girl said...

I didn't know you could track flights like that! That's awesome!
So glad he made it there safely!

Cathleen said...

I wouldn't say "geeky" at all....just very devoted parents. I'm looking forward to reading his letters on the new blog. Glad he made it and hope it is all going well. What a blessing to have a son worthy enough to serve on a mission!