Saturday, June 7, 2008

What's New......

I feel like I want to post but our lives have been less-than-exciting this week. Here's what's been going on with us:

~ Evan has been glued to the couch playing Call of Duty Live. He does get up every now and again to do a quick chore, go to the bathroom or catch a short game of basketball if a friend comes to the door to get him. He actually did get the yard mowed.

~ Whitney's retainer is lost. She took it out, put it somewhere and promptly forgot where. It's one of those clear ones that are practically impossible to see. She wouldn't be a Pogue child if she got by with only one. Ivy lost her's the first day she had it. Whitney's made it a month or so....

~ Do you know what Vertigo is? Well, I have had it this week and I can tell you it's no fun! I had it once before and went to the doctor. There was some complicated explanation about crystals in my inner ear coming loose and being somewhere they weren't supposed to be. It basically feels like every time I lay down or move my head that I'm on a spinning amusement park ride. I'm alot better now, just need to be careful not to move my head too fast! haha I know that sounds just ridiculous.

~ Monday Evan leaves for scout camp and Whitney and I leave for girl's camp. Poor Brad will be home alone all week. At least he'll have the dog and Evan's fish to keep him company.

~ Whitney got her liscense and has been driving all over town! This is both exciting and frightning. She really is a good driver but we can't help but worry about her. She's been doing good to call and report when she arrives at her destinations. She has inherited Taylor's Ford F250 pick-up. It's huge but she loves to drive it. She drove my van one day and said she felt "small and unsafe"!

~ Took Evan to Dr. Thompson for his physical for scout camp. He measured 71". He is dying to be six-foot but as hard as he stretched, couldn't come up with that inch. Now his goal is to hit that height by his 14th birthday in August. At this rate, I'm sure he will.

~ Monday night the kids decided to have a party. Around 8:00 lots of kids came over to watch movies, eat, jump on trampoline, play X-box, and whatever else they do. There were my two, Mary Catherine and Taylor Zachary, Sean Laughlin, Dustin, Dillon, Daniel and Lindsay Dees, Elaine and Trevor Newton, Blake Istre, Codey Guidry, Kaitlyn Spell, Lenae Cordell, and others that I can't recall right now. They had a good time as this group always does! They are awesome kids.

~ Whitney totally cleaned the house one day when I was out doing errands. She can be such a sweetheart!

~ Taylor is still doing great in France. Thanks to those of you who are reading and commenting on his missionary blog.

So that's been our week! The week-end will consist of getting packed and ready for camp.

3 happy thoughts:

Sharon said...

I experience the I-want-to-post-but-have-done-nothing-to-post-about feeling too!

Ivy said...

You guys need to get Mario Party for the Wii and figure out how to play online with me!

Cathleen said...

Seems like you found plenty to post about after all. At least you are getting posted. I'm so behind, I don't know where to begin! At least my husband keeps his blog and the family blog somewhat up to date. I need more time....keep waiting for things to slow down.

Vertigo sounds just awful! Glad to hear you are feeling better though. Hope it isn't something that appears now and then.