Saturday, June 28, 2008

More Summer Nothings.....


For the past five nights or so, Whitney and I have gone to the track at the high school- a couple of nights with Andrea and her kids, one night with our cousins, a couple on our own. It started that Andrea told Whitney she would pay her $150 if she helped her excercise herself to a specific weight. Now Whitney has become "personal trainer". I didn't promise her any cash but she still helps me. We've walked on and off for years but I need to step it up now. We normally walk twelve laps fairly fast. Jillian, I mean Whitney, jogs backwards ahead of me and "inspires" (yells at) me to jog/run faster. It has really been fun. Tonight along with two miles walking, I ran a mile of straights (meaning four laps of running the straight part of the track and walking the curves) which for me is good!

I really can't believe how fast this summer is going. We haven't had alot of exciting events but we are having a fun enough break. The kids have been going to friends and having friends over here. Since Whitney is driving, there have been many trips to the mall. It's been wonderful because she's very willing to run errands for me, grocery shop, take Evan places, etc.

We spend almost all day Tuesday at the Powell's house for Kaitlyn Spell's going away party. It was a fun pool party. Kaitlyn is a great, fun girl and she will be greatly missed. We have known Kaitlyn since she was born and can't believe they are actually leaving us. We wish you well in Kentucky- Kaitlyn, Teresa, Jason and Lexi! Keep in touch!

Brad was off today (he's off every other Friday) and we took advantage of the rainy weather and cleaned out our bedroom and closet. I love him to be off on these days although every Friday he is off, I think it's Saturday all day long. After a day of cleaning, Brad, Whitney and I went out to eat at New King Palace. Actually, Whitney hates Chinese food so she just drank a Coke and called for a Chili's-To-Go order.

Monday morning bright and early I'm driving to San Antonio to bring Whitney, Mary Catherine, Sydney, Alex and Taylor Z. to EFY.

Another mission call: Congratulations to Shawn Pietz going to Pueblo, Mexico!!

8 happy thoughts:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

What time do you ladies go walking...maybe I should join you. Let me know.

Susan said...

Cute layout Gwen! :)

Ivy said...

I love the patriotic layout! Sounds like a fun summer, I didn't realize EFY was next week!

gwen said...

Vicki~ Usually around 9:00 or 10:00 at night. Join us anytime, it's so fun! Although with Whit at EFY this week I might be a slacker. Just call!

Julie Church said...

I am so inspired by all of you in Sulphur, LC, MB for exercising. I need someone to jog backward cheering me on. Thanks for adding important events toyour blog. I am sorry to hear the Spells are moving, I know they will be missed. And Shawn Pietz call...He'll be a great missionary. Miss you all!

Carolina girl said...

Gwen, you are an inspiration yourself! Way to go for jogging the straights! I started a Mommy and Me class with Sarah at SPAR at the beginning of the year, and Angel would have us jog the straights on the track there--and you know how small that track is compared to the one at Sulphur High. Anyway, I could barely jog that short straight when I started, and now I can jog almost a whole lap without stopping. It's such a great feeling to see and feel yourself getting stronger and being able to do more. Keep up the good work!:) And Whitney sounds like an awesome personal trainer. Could she be the next Julian? :)

Cathleen said...

Can I come too?? I need a good kick right now to get me started. Maybe I'll just stare at some recent pictures until I feel motivated.

I like your patriotic background too, though I do miss your lovely pink flower at the top.

Stacy James said...

I didn't know the Spells were moving! So, somewhere in this state, we'll have friends we had prior to moving here! Awesome! Excellent for Sean Pietz! I remember teaching him in Primary when I was pregnant with Alysa. He was a hoot! He'll be great!