Saturday, July 5, 2008

Especially for Youth........


For those of you who don't know, Especially for Youth, or EFY, is a youth program put on by BYU University every summer at different campuses around the country. It's for kids 14 and up. My kids have all gone and have all loved it! (except Evan who is looking forward to next year) This year was no exception. Whitney went to the one held at Trinity University in San Antonio. The picture above is from left, Alex, Whitney, Mary Catherine and Ashley. Below is a picture of the whole "company", their group of boys and girls plus another group.


The first thing Whitney and Mary Catherine did when they got to their dorm was organize their jewelry, nail polish and snacks. Next on the agenda was rearranging the furniture!

EFY is the perfect mix of spiritual things and fun. The one in San Antonio is huge, around 800 kids. The had fun with old friends and made some new ones. I highly recommend EFY! It's awesome.

2 happy thoughts:

Cathleen said...

Glad they had a great time. Everybody always loves EFY, except my oldest son. He went in Georgia when he was 14. He said it was okay, but not worth his time to go back again. The next year I bribed him to go and he attended at BYU Provo. He said it was painful, and that he would never go back. I think he may be the only person in the world who doesn't love EFY. I sure wish his attitude was different.

MaryRuth said...

I loved EFY!!!

A bunch of our girls just got back from San Antonio... I didn't see them in the group picture though...

Glad the girls had fun!