Monday, July 7, 2008

Monday, Monday.......


Like every summer, I've fallen into the bad habit of staying up too late at night and sleeping too late in the mornings. The reason for my late night last night was this book... Andrea and Vicki have both talked about it on their blogs so I thought I'd break down and read it. There are no words to say how wonderful it is! This Dr. Latham is a genius. I highly recommend this book to anyone with children of any age! I've been "experimenting" with some of the suggestions and am amazed at how right on he is.

Tonight was fun. It was my nephew Daniel's birthday party at Mr. Gatti's. I can't believe he is ten years old. When he was born, Brad and I were on vacation in Park City with Andrea and Zack. Time flies! He is such a great boy and I'm so proud of him. He came home with us to spend the night tonight. He's so fun.


As you all know, Andrea and I have been walking/jogging at the track in the evenings. Tonight after many laps of straights, we actually ran all the way around the track! To you, maybe no big deal, to us- it's huge! A big step on our goal to run a mile. Go, us!

6 happy thoughts:

Laura said...

Dr. Latham was a truly inspired man. I have his Power of Positive Parenting, and it is amazing! So amazing that my old Bishop ordered 3 or 4 copies for the ward library!

Cathleen said...

I just ordered this book from Amazon (per Vicki's suggestion)...it arrives tomorrow. Now I'm really looking forward to it.
I too stay up too late in the summer and REALLY enjoy sleeping in later in the morning. It is one of the best things about summer. I so dreaded when my oldest started Seminary 5 years ago....because I knew I would be doing it the rest of my life :0(
Congratulations on running farther...way to go...getting closer to the goal!

Stacy James said...

I'm so impressed with your walking/running goal. You guys are really pushing yourselves and I think that's wonderful. I do have to say, though, I HATE running. So you two can do my share. I'm still doing circuit training at the Y and LOVING that! Way to go, ladies!!

Stacy James said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gayla said...

I've heard Dr. Latham speak at BYU Education Week in the past and he was great. He passed away a couple years ago. I'll have to check out that particular book.

Great job on your fitness goal! I do not know how y'all can stand to exercise outside in the summer down there. One of the things I was excited about moving back to a dry climate was taking up running outside again. The gyms (and restaurants) really know how to air condition down there as I remember sometimes wearing my sweatshirt to aerobics at Gigi's. (Okay not in the middle of the summer but other times of the year because you'd sit on your bench and freeze before the class got started). But that's my kind of exercise air conditioning! Anyway, keep up the good work!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I am so proud and happy that you love the book. I tell you I learn something everytime I read in it. I keep it by my bed...my new routine is reading scriptures in the morning and this book at night. I LOVE IT. I think I might want to join you ladies at night running. Can you send me an email at vlaughlin@totalsafety.com and tell me when you go? I will plan to go tomorrow (if that is ok)