Thursday, July 17, 2008

Galveston......

Just because I'm putting up another post doesn't mean you're off the hook for commenting on the Memories post! I love that one, the comments are all so funny. It's interesting to see what people remember about you! So if you haven't already, add your memories and repost it on your blogs. It's fun!

Last Friday Brad was off so we decided to take a little trip down to Galveston for the day. Actually Whitney and I decided. Evan was all for it but Brad really strongly dislikes the beach. He was a pretty good sport about it. I love the ferry ride. The seagulls always amaze me, they are so aggressive! They'll swoop down and eat out of your hand.
We got there around one and shopped around in the little beach side souvenir shops. Evan bought a surf board thing and Whitney bought a raft. The played in the surf for several hours. I got in for a little while. The water was warm, really too warm. It was like a bath. We got a little sun but not too bad.

After the beach, we showered at a big bathhouse close by then headed to an old part of town with brick streets and tons of cute shops. We walked around an hour or two then headed to Joe's Crab Shack.

My favorite meal in the world, I think, is Joe's coconut shrimp and cheesy new potatoes. If you haven't had it, you've missed out. The restaurant was right on a harbor. After we ate, we headed back to the shopping area for the kids to get an ice-cream cone at an adorable little ice cream shop we had spotted. Evan got chocolate and Whitney got apple pie flavored ice cream. We headed out and got home around midnight. We hadn't been down there in years. It was fun!

8 happy thoughts:

Laura said...

You have made me hungry and beach-sick! I am so ready to hit the beach NOW, but we aren't going for two more weeks. It's about to kill me. I may have to go to Galveston next weekend...just have to convince the hubby! hehehe

Jeanna said...

Sounds like you all had a great time! You are lucky to live so close to the beach that you can go in a day!! I'm kind of jealous :)

Ivy said...

How fun! I'm jealous - maybe you'll have to go back when we're in town!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Sounds fun...we really enjoyed our little trip this year to Galveston. :)

Susan said...

Looks like a lot of fun, but if you want the best food in Galveston (not even in the same universe as Joe's, or so I've heard) - head for Gaido's. At least when we go, that's on my list. :)

ps>> Just saw the list I made!! LOL

Katie M. said...

How fun! I wish we had a beach close by for fun little day trips...it doens't get much better than the beach!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I miss Galveston! Such a fun weekend trip!!! I, too, love the ferry ride! Someday I'll make it back down there...someday!

Andrea said...

Oh that sounded like a really fun trip. I have never been down there, but I would love to go!