Thursday, July 10, 2008

Memories.....

My friend Lindsay had this on her blog, and I thought it looked fun. So here's what you do...

1. As a comment on my blog, leave a memory or two that you and I had together. It doesn't matter if you knew me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2. Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see what memories people have of you. It's actually pretty funny to see the responses. I would love to hear what you guys remember about me!

I tag everybody! Come on, it'll be fun.....

14 happy thoughts:

Bartonbunch5 said...

I have so many great memories of us spending time together with our kids and as families, but the one that stands out the most is when Gail called and said she was comeing over to your house and she was mad! You were terrified, you called me to ask me to come over and if I found you dead when I got there,I would know who did it.

Bartonbunch5 said...

Oh I have one more. When I was expecting Weston, The girls had a dance recital with Lady Leah. Ivy came down with chicken pox and exposed the entire dance company and all of my children. So the day I had Weston, Lynde broke out with chicken pox.You came to the rescue and took care of her for a few days. Then 2 weeks later Bryan & Hilary broke out and you helped with them also. January was the month of chicken pox with a new baby. Thank heavens you were there.

gwen said...

Haha Dianna, I love you and miss you! I see you've started a blog- now the next step is posting. Oh my gosh, I'll never forget either of the memories you mentioned!

Lindsay and Mike said...

I remember you picking Evan up from Primary every week & telling me thank you for being his teacher. I loved it...you were always so sweet to me!

RaeAnn said...

I can't forget about the story Kristen told us at girl's camp about how you and Brad met in high school. I still can't picture Brad with an affro and him riding his bike to your house and then having you drive for your date. And that was because you were a senior and he was a Sophmore? I am glad that it all worked out because you two are the cutest couple and and have the cutest family!

Susan said...

Too many things...I remember the first time we saw your family at church before you were baptized, and I thought OK, these people AREN'T weird! lol

I remember when we called you & Kim B. to be Primary teachers. I remember your missionary farewell. I remember when you got back from your mission and were one of the golden dancing girls in the road show (I have video). I remember when we were anxious for Brad to finally give you the ring!

Anyway, that's just a few. :)

gwen said...

Raeann, It's all true except for the afro part. Brad did not have an afro. haha He did ride his bike over a couple times then got his driver's liscense and a car, thank goodness!

And Susan, so glad you didn't think we were weird! The road show- good memory!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

K....goodness, there are so many. My favorite of all the years of memories is all of the "girls night outs". I have loved that over the years we all get together and eat and talk and laugh and now listen to "KEITH".

Susan said...

Oh yeah, Keith! I've been to Gwen's house (in the days before we got a widescreen TV) to see him on her TV. Gwen helped me scrapbook so I could send pages to his mom in Australia. Thanks Gwen! :)

Be A Saint said...

I could not even begin...I have been putting this off. My first memory is of you, overly sweetly and definitely RS President voice, coming up to us at church and telling me that you were my VT and inviting us over to dinner. I remember spending MANY summer afternoons laying on your couch while the kids played. We would just spend the day together. We talked about this tonight....going to Dairy Queen VERY often to get nachos and BBQ sandwiches. I was so disappointed when you started dieting! And, of course, there are the morning phone conversations that lasted well into the afternoon. It's been great and I look forward to many more years.

Katie M. said...

What a good idea for a blog post! I remember you being such a great young women leader and hosting our Beehive slumber party at your house when I first moved to Louisiana - with me, Sharon, Kati, Haley, and all the other girls. It was so much fun, and you didn't act like you were bothered once at how loud we were!

Sharon said...

I, too, thought of the Beehive slumber party, but the primary memories I have are of babysitting your kids for sure! Another that sticks out in my mind though, is one summer after coming home from BYU you told me to call you Gwen...I just couldn't do it! :)

Jen said...

Trying not to call you Gwen in seminary! And thinking you were a great seminary teacher. On days I actually heard the lesson, it was always interesting and you were so good with the kids.

Ivy said...

Ok, so I don't have any memories to share, but I wanted to throw in my 2 cents on the beehive slumber party! I thought I was so cool because y'all let me tag along to pick up pizza and let me join in to play a game. Oh - and how devestated I was when I had to go to bed while everyone else stayed up and had fun :(!