Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Circus is in Town........


My mom loves the circus. She and I have a good memory of going to a circus right before I left on my mission. So this week, my brother Chris was caller #9 on some radio station and won tickets to the circus. Evan and I, along with my mom, tagged along. It was really a good circus and so fun.

When I mentioned to Evan we were going, he said, "Remember that free coupon I have for the circus that I got when I was born?" Oooohhhh yeah. I did remember after he jarred my memory. He had a ticket that was good for a free Barnum & Bailey circus anytime, anywhere in his lifetime. When he gave it to the lady at the counter, she looked confused, had to ask her supervisor who assured her it was legit!

I haven't been to the circus in a long time but apparently the three-ring show is a thing of the past. One ring this time but all quality acts.

My favorite are always the elephants. The white tigers were beautiful, too.

Sorry about the blurry image of all of us but it's the best we got. A passerby offered to take our picture in front of the circus truck.


We actually had one with Chris in it, too, but that was even blurrier. Anyway, we had a great time. Nothing like the "greatest show on Earth!"

3 happy thoughts:

Bartonbunch5 said...

Looks like you had a great time! I have not been to a circus in years, I think that it was in Lake Charles the first time we lived there.

Susan said...

What a cool thing to do. And by the way, tigers rule! :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I loved this blog. What a wonderful time you look like you guys had. Memories and then making more memories.