Friday, August 1, 2008

Happy Anniversary......

Twenty-three years ago today, I married this man! Could it really have been that long?? Well, yes. On August 1st, 1985, Brad and I got married in the Atlanta temple. It was also his 21st birthday making today his 44th birthday! Wow! We were babies! We were discussing tonight, looking back on it, if we were too young....we both decided that no we weren't. It was the right time and it's been great. We went out to dinner tonight at New King Palace then went to the movies. Well, we ate together then met Susan and Don at the theater. It was there we parted ways. Brad saw X-Files with Don and I saw Mamma Mia with Susan and Jennifer! We both loved the movie we saw and agreed that the other would have hated it! After 23 years, you just kinda know those things.....

Brad's favorite dessert is "four-layer dessert". I've heard it called lots of different things but basically just yummy chocolate goodness. I think I've made it for Brad's birthday all 23 years- I could have missed a year or two, but no more than that. This year I asked, "Aren't you getting tired of that every year?"........the answer was no! Happy Birthday!!!!

9 happy thoughts:

Carolina girl said...

Happy Anniversary! You guys are great! And that dessert is looking pretty yummy right now.:)

Susan said...

We had so much fun last night with y'all...and you know it's true love when you can go to different movies on your anniversary and everyone's happy! You're still a cute couple, love you! :)

Sharon said...

Happy Anniversary! :)

Jeanna said...

I always think about Brad on August 1st - his birthday just stands out in my mind for some reason. However, I did not realize he shared it with your anniversary. Happy Anniversary to both of you and Happy Birthday Brad!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Happy Anniversary. I remember that like it was yesterday. :) Happy Birthday Brad...I guess I didn't realize that. Glad you liked Momma Mia.

Jen said...

Glad I could be part of your celebration. And I still can't believe how much I liked Mamma Mia.

Andrea said...

Happy Anniversary!!! and Happy Birthday!! It's my oldest boys birthday on the first too!!
That dessert looks so yummy!! I love chocolatey goodness!!

Bartonbunch5 said...

Happy Anniversary! To the both of you and a Happy Birthday to Brad.
We love that dessert too!

Gayla said...

What a great couple - congrats on 23 years! The dessert looks fabulous. Any chance you might post the recipe?