Monday, December 8, 2008

Drum Roll Please...................


I laughed at some of the guesses but.......Melanie would have won the prize (if there was a prize!)

The Pogue's are moving to Dhahran, Saudi Arabia. Yes, it's true- not a joke! Brad has accepted a job with Saudi Aramco and we fly out of here December 21st....yes, of this year! It has been a very long process. We made the final decision last week and Brad resigned from Citgo, I resigned from my job and off we go.

Ironically, last night 60 Minutes had a whole segment on Saudi Aramco, hope some of you caught it. Thanks to Susan for calling to tell me it was on.

Answers:

Yes, it's safe! (We hope so anyway....)
Yes, the schools are great! (That's what they tell us anyway....)
No, Whit and I don't have to cover our faces! (not on the compound anyway)
Yes, there is good shopping! (If you need gold, just let me know.......)
We'll be there at least a couple years.......
We'll be home in the summers and Decembers......
Yes, we can talk.....our phone number will be the same as our home number now-no long distance charges!

Yes, we will miss all of you very much!

11 happy thoughts:

Carolina girl said...

Your family will be greatly missed, but how exciting for your new adventure! So glad you have a blog so we can still keep up with you guys! =)

Laura said...

You really are going to have to step up the blogging! We're all going to want pictures of everything--what does a compound even look like? I'm excited for you guys--I would do something like that in a heartbeat!! Gonna miss ya though!!

Stacy James said...

I was so blown away to hear your news! It's kind of funny, though....I've been having the biggest "pitty party" because I'm so stressed about moving (across town, mind you) during the Christmas holiday. Now, the family I visit teach (4 older children, 2 are special needs)is moving to Oklahoma the week of the 20th (same as us), and you guys are moving the 21st halfway across the world!! I'd better just put on my big girl panties and deal with it, huh?! PLEASE keep your blog updated! I'll be checking it often. Best of wishes to you guys.

Patyy said...

Wow! I can not believe it. I thought you would never leave sulphur. I am in shock!!! Please keep in touch. What a great adventure.

Bartonbunch5 said...

Wow! I can not believe it. I thought you would never leave sulphur. I am in shock!!! Please keep in touch. What a great adventure.

Susan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Susan said...

We'll miss you so much!!!

For those who wanted to see, I just tried to link the video from "60 Minutes" but it didn't work. You can google and find it (Saudi Aramco is mostly in part 2)

Lindsay and Mike said...

Holy guacamole!!! Congrats! What an adventure!

Melanie said...

Wow! I was hoping I was wrong. But congratulations! That is really exciting:)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I feel like you aren't leaving at all but taking a long vacation. I can't wait to share your adventures through you. :) Love ya lots.

Gayla said...

Wow, super exciting!!! Congrats! Keep blogging, we'd love to hear more about what it's like living there. Good luck!