Saturday, May 9, 2009

Sometimes I forget I live in a desert...

Last December we moved to the other side of the world to the DESERT! I visualized nothing but sand, dust and heat. Although there are plenty of all three, I can't help but notice and appreciate the beauty that is all around me. They really go above and beyond to make our community nice! These are all taken by the "duck pond"/walking track that is very close to our house. We enjoy it daily.






I want to take some more with the actual track in the pictures. I've been taking a fun photo class and so I've been snapping lots of pictures. Just wanted to share.

6 happy thoughts:

Andrea said...

Beautiful pictures!! How much fun to be taking a photo class!! I would love to do that. And I too visualized everything around you to be sand!!

Carolina girl said...

Great pictures! I dream of taking a photography class someday. I can't believe you guys will be here next month. It's amazing how time flies.

RaeAnn said...

Love the pictures!!! Love the turtle!! Somehow I don't visualize turtles where you are. It must have reminded you a little bit home.

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! If I had seen any of those pictures in a magazine, I would have thought it was an ad for a Carribean resort! Everything looks so pretty!

JS said...

I am sorry that i haven't gotten back to you about how to make the blog pictures bigger. I lost your email, so I am just going to make a super long comment with all the info you need. :)

You have to upload your pictures to Picasa web Gallery. If you have a mac all you need to do is go to iPhoto and under File press Export. It will send it there for you.

If you don't have a Mac (so sorry for you. :)) then go to google and type in Picasa. It should come up. Create an account.. which I am pretty sure you already have an account if you have a google account.

upload your pictures.

click on the picture you want to enlarge...
and on the right side in the blue there is a link that says, "link to this picture"

Click on the link, and it will it will say Embed image. You want to embed the image, but before you do that, you have to change the link under that where it says thumbnail to "large".

There... I hope that helps! :)

JS said...

ok.. I got ahead of myself.

After you have made your picture large, you have to highlight everything in the EMBED frame and copy it.

Then go to your blog, compose a new post under HTML and not under COMPOSE, and paste the link.

It sounds like a lot to do, but I like having the pictures bigger and once you have the hang of it, I think it is faster than using blogger's uploading tool, plus all your pictures are then saved with google.

If you go to your gmail account at the top you will see links in blue, "Gmail, Calendar, Documents, Photos, Reader etc."

If you click on Photos, all the photos you upload to Picasa will be there. It is nice back up.

Oh, and if you don't know what google reader is take a look. It is an "inbox" for all your blogs. When someone posts, it shows you right there instead of going through all your links.
Ok, enough. :)