Monday, August 24, 2009

Whitney's Jr. Year.......


Whitney started school this week. Her first day was Saturday. That seems odd but remember our week-ends here are Thursday and Friday so Saturday is really like Monday. She goes to Dhahran High School. Most people call it "The Academy". I'm not sure if it was once named that or what but that's what it's called. Her school is not within the walls of the compound. The Aramco schools only go through ninth grade. But an Aramco bus picks of all "The Academy" kids in front of their houses and transports them to and from school. She gets on the bus about 7:30 and gets home by 3:15. School has been quite a culture shock for her but she's made several good friends and I'm sure this year will be even better. Here's a picture of her on the way out the door on the first day and of the bus she rides. It's certainly not your everyday yellow school bus!


Love you, Whitney and hope you have a great year!

3 happy thoughts:

Susan said...

Whitney is just darling, and I love that shirt!!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Yes, I love her hair too.

gwen said...

...a funny thing about the picture of the bus is I got it off of Google Images. It wasn't until way after I posted it that I realized I know the two boys standing side by side in the picture. They are twins that we go to church with! Random