Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Fish Market.....

First off, sorry for the bombardage of posts all in one day. I don't update for a month, then I post four at once. Anyway, took a fun trip yesterday and wanted to tell you about it.
I am a member of the Women's Group here at Aramco. They have weekly meetings, activities and it's just a generally fun group. Yesterday they hosted a trip to Dammam, a city about half an hour away to visit a fish processing plant, fish market, herb shop and vegetable market. We left on the bus at 7:00 am. These are my two good friends, Leanne and Donna, on the bus. These ladies make living here fun! First we arrived at the fish processing plant and immediately had to put on these "surgical" looking caps, gowns and masks. Guess they didn't want germs getting on their fish! At first I thought the masks were for the smell but there really was no stink at all.


They gave us a nice tour then served us a fishy snack. (see later post.)

We saw fish of all colors, shapes and sizes. Some were pretty, some were not!







Next stop: Vegetable Market!

3 happy thoughts:

Lindsay and Mike said...

Wow! Looks like a fun (and very educational) outing! BTW, I laughed so hard when I saw the bathroom stalls. Holy cow! I'll take a "western" toilet anyday! :)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

It was great catching up on what you have been doing. YUK to the bathrooms...Tell Brad we are thinking of him.

Andrea said...

I bet that place smelled soo good!! LOL, looks like fun!