Friday, March 28, 2008

Brad in Honduras

This trip was all Brad expected and more! He loved every minute of it. He saw stingrays, manta rays, moray eels, turtles, scorpion fish, lobster and crab. The only disappointment was not seeing the whale shark or octopus. He enjoyed spending time with his son-in-law Calder and Calder's dad, Ric and brother Coulson.

They were on the boat for 7 days. There were 14 divers on the boat along with a staff of 7. He did a total of 21 dives. 3 or 4 of them were night dives which he loved. They saw different things diving at night. While there Brad and Coulson got their advanced open-water PADI certification.

The colors - incredible! He says words cannot describe it.

He explored this wreck at about 100 ft.

They saw lots of these moray eels. They remind me of Ursula's helpers on The Little Mermaid! That's all I can think about when I see these pictures. Remember the creepy voices they had?? Ivy will remember- she's seen it about 200 times!

Here is a cute picture of Brad and our son-in-law Calder.
Brad said these turtles seemed very peaceful and were fun to watch. It just glided by peacefully not bothered at all by the visitors. He reminds me of the surfer-dude turtle in Nemo.
Like I said in the other post, Brad was supposed to get home Saturday. We were at the condo and expecting him to call when he flew in to Houston around 3:00. Well, Ivy called around 2:00 and said "Dad's stuck in Honduras!" WHAT??? A little-bitty plane flew them from the island of Utila to San Pedro Sula, Honduras. Apparently, it was too overloaded so they threw Brad's and another guy's luggage off the plane and it was supposed to be coming on another plane an hour later. Well, guess what?? He was supposed to board his plane in an hour. This is not like here in the US where you check your baggage and feel fairly confident that if it's not there, that it will get to you in a day or so. Brad was 100% confident that if he left, that's the last he would see of all his dive gear. It did show up on another plane but a little too late. So, with everybody else gone, Brad spent the night in a Honduran hotel. It was fine although we were worried about him. Since he couldn't use his cell, he had emailed Ivy, his parents and Andrea and Zack for somebody to let me know. He knew if I didn't hear from him that day, I would have freaked out! Thanks, Ivy! She was my first-responder.
There are plenty more pictures and videos where this came from! Just ask Brad and he'll give you more details. I told him he should write this blog but....................


7 happy thoughts:

Erin said...

Beautiful pictures! Sounds like he had a great time.

Melanie said...

Thanks for the comment Gwen! You're blog looks great too:) I have to introduce you to digital scrapbooking - it is incredible and way easier than regular scrapbooking. Plus, you can print your pages out for a physical book... I am addicted! And, I actually scrapbook now. Thanks for the comment! I'll add your link to our blog so I can check back occasionally... I have to admit I don't keep up with blogs very well but with the link there - it is more likely to happen:) Take care!

Susan said...

Cool photos! Y'all have a video night at your house where he shows us everything...just not on American Idol nights! ;)

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I agree with Susan...it sounds like a girls night out to me. OH MY GOODNESS....how beautiful is that.

Cathleen said...

Those pictures are beautiful! I had my husband check them out too, he thought they were great. My husband (Greg)would totally love to do something like that too. Glad he had a wonderful trip and is now home safely.

Haley said...

Hey thanks! I have to confess I am new to blogging. Gorgeous pictures. I wanna go.

Carolina girl said...

Those pictures are amazing!! I want to go scuba diving!!