Thursday, March 20, 2008

"Evan the Beast"

Beast- that's how Evan likes to describe himself. He is 13 (14 in August).
Andrea challenged me to post something funny about Evan this week. Well, Evan is always funny! When Taylor left on his mission 6 weeks ago, he challenged Evan to work out and get in shape. Evan struggled to do one pull up then, and now he can do 10 or 20 depending on the time of day and what other exercise he's already done. The funny part is that he's gotten so tall and thin that occasionally he loses his pants while he's on the pull-up bar! Although I haven't gotten a shot of that, note the striped boxers beginning to show. Thank goodness for belts! Someone asked me the other day if Evan was "getting enough to eat". Rest assured that he is! He has grown 5 or 6 inches this year and there are no signs of him stopping. He started baseball this week so that's a sure sign of spring. We love to watch him play sports and look forward to another fun season!

4 happy thoughts:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

I am so happy for Evan. I love it when kids figure out that they CAN DO IT! I love that....oh how fun.....Sam Rayburn. We go there all the time, with some friends from Houston. We also spent our wedding night there..haha Have fun.

Ivy said...

It looks like he hits his head on the top of the door every time he goes up. Way to go Evan!

Lindsay and Mike said...

Gwen, This is Lindsay Storrs. I found your blog through MaryRuth's. I can't believe Evan is almost 14!!! It seems like he should still be in my CTR 7 class. How time flies! It sounds like you guys are doing good!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.