Monday, March 17, 2008

My First Tag- Thanks Lynetta

5 THINGS I WAS DOING 10 YEARS AGO
1. Teaching Taylor how to keep his desk orderly in his 3rd grade classroom.
2. Arguing with Ivy's 5th grade teacher about a globe project- I still remember that
3. I think I was Relief Society President
4. Started subbing at DS Perkins where Evan went to Pre-K (haven't stopped)
5. A new sister in the ward, Kristin Walledom called me for the first time for something and we discovered we both had a 5th grade child. Wow- in some ways it seems like forever ago and others, like yesterday!

5 THINGS ON MY TO DO LIST
1. Mail an Easter basket to Taylor in the MTC
2. Pick up prescriptions at Walgreens
3. Precision Prints to buy Evan a pair of baseball pants for practices
4. Call Shady Oaks Kennel to reserve a spot for the dog next week
5. Start on the invitations for the church Teacher Appreciation Dinner

5 SNACKS I ENJOY
1. Funyuns
2. Planters Cheese Puffs in the can (like Cheetos, only round)
3. 100-Cal. Chocolate Cupcakes (glad you love them, Lynetta!- but don't you wish they had the little loopy white line of icing like the real ones??)
4. Cheese dip and chips
5. Georgia's or Joe's Party House cake

5 PLACES I HAVE LIVED
1. Lake Charles, LA
2. Sulphur, LA
3. Salt Lake, Logan & Tremonton, UT (on my mission)
4. Ruston, LA
5. Hot Springs, AR

5 THINGS I WOULD DO IF I WERE A BILLIONAIRE
(the other bloggers answers to this seem extremely conservative! We're talking a BILLION, ladies)
1. Of course, pay off everything
2. Buy something HUGE to live in on a beautiful lake or beach
3. Set up college funds for my kids and my nieces and nephews and my friends kids, too for that matter
4. Give lots of it to the underprivileged
5. Travel the world with my husband, kids and their families and friends

5 BAD HABITS
1. Not folding the laundry right when it comes out of the dryer
2. Spending too much time on the computer
3. Being a horrible back-seat driver when Whitney drives
4. Staying in bed too long in the morning then having to rush and be stressed
5. Not excercising like I should

5 JOBS I HAVE HAD
1. I worked at the Sno- Cone stand on Maplewood Drive. Same green building only it was across the street and down a bit
2. A bank teller and switchboard operator
3. An insurance policy "typer"
4. A pre-school "creative movement"/gymnastics teacher
5. A substitute school teacher!

5 THINGS PEOPLE DON'T KNOW ABOUT ME
1. I've been to DisneyWorld four times and in my opinion, it's the funnest place on the Earth
2. I always wanted a big girl and boy and then a little boy and girl a few years later- that's exactly what I got (although now they are all big)
3. I joined the church in the Lake Charles Ward when I was a junior in high school along with my family
4. I love Peeps (yellow mashmellow chickens)
5. I hate Ranch dressing

Ok, I tag Ivy and Andrea!

5 happy thoughts:

MaryRuth said...

Oh Gwen we were so in sync... right untilt he ranch dressing!! There is NOTHING better than fresh homemade ranch!! Yummy!!

Loved your list!! I'll do my later this week!!

Carolina girl said...

Yay! You did it. And yes the loopy line of white icing on the little cakes would make you feel even more like you're having a real hostess cake. You should submit that idea to the company. Maybe they would give you commission from their profits, and then you could make that billionaire list happen. As for my billionaire list, I have to be conservative because my husband would be one of those people who goes through the massive amount of money in like six months!!

Carolina girl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Yes, the golf bag I thought would set off the shoes...haha...

Cathleen said...

Hi Gwen! I thought I would check out your blog. Your name always catches my eye (on Vicki's blogs) because I have a daughter named Gwen too. Just wanted to say hello and that I have enjoyed reading your posts. If it is ok with you, I'll keep checking in. This is a fun way to learn about people and make new friends. I stumbled on Vicki's blog one day and it has been fun keeping up with her.
I love the flowers at the top of your page~gorgeous photo!