Saturday, March 15, 2008

Where in the World is Brad Pogue ?


Since we know from Andrea's blog that Matt Lauer is clowning on the rodeo circuit, let's play "Where in the World is Brad Pogue?" But since the pictures have given it away and most of you already know I'll tell you he's in Honduras. He's aboard the Utila Aggressor, a live-aboard diving boat with our son-in-law Calder, along with Calder's dad and younger brother. Calder served his mission in Honduras so this will be a double treat for him. He will stay a little longer than the others to visit some people from his mission. Trust me, this is a trip that Brad has dreamed about for years. Ever since we've been married Brad has subscribed to Scuba Diving magazines, talked about getting certified and watched all the "ocean life" shows on the nature channels, etc. So last year he finally took the time and money to get certified. About that time Ivy got engaged to a young man who is a diver and who's whole family dives! How perfect is this?? Before the wedding even happened, this trip was in the works. He flew out of Houston this morning and is on the boat tonight. He'll be out there a week and I'm sure he will come back with lots of stories. I'm positive that this will be better than diving in the Gulf or Smith Lake! Evan couldn't go on this trip but also recently got his scuba certification. Taylor wants to dive when he gets home in two years so I'm sure there will be more trips to look forward to. I'll be content to sit on the deck and read!

2 happy thoughts:

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

OH MY GOSH! That sounds like complete fun. I hope I get the opportunity sometime in my life to experience that. I know snorkeling is totally fun.....but too be honest, Gwen, reading on the deck in the sun sounds fun too. :)

Susan said...

I bet he'll have a ball and come home brown as an Indian. But yes, reading on the deck sounds good, or shopping, sightseeing...or even a fantastic concert (Keith & Kenny can always be located!) ; )