Thursday, May 15, 2008

Mary & Martha.........

I've had this post in my mind for a week or so now but had this certain picture in mind to post and couldn't find it. Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to my dear mother and my dear mother-in-law. Yes, their names are Mary and Martha, what perfect names for such wonderful, Christian women. They are both such good examples to us. They are sweet, kind, helpful and non-judgemental.

I LOVE this three-generation picture of my mom, Martha Dees, along with me and my two daughters, Ivy (middle) and Whitney. (By the way, aren't they beautiful?? ) This was taken at one of Ivy's wedding showers last year.

My mother is just amazing. She has had MS for 30 or so years now. She's been confined to a wheelchair since 1988. She has the most positive attitude of anyone I know. She never complains but recognizes Heavenly Father's blessings in every aspect of her life. She is pleasant and happy ALL the time and it rubs off on all those around her. She is a huge support to her family and is everybody's biggest fan!

Below is my mother-in-law, Mary Pogue. I am so thankful that she along with her husband, raised up such a righteous son who became my husband. She is a wonderful mother and grandmother. She is smart and always busy working on a project. Whether it is quilting, sewing, painting or doing her Bible study, she is always working on something wonderful. She is a registered nurse (recently retired from many years of working in the ER). She's the first one we call when someone is sick or hurt!


I am so grateful to have these two beautiful women in my life. We love both of you so much!
HAPPY LATE MOTHER'S DAY

4 happy thoughts:

Carolina girl said...

Your mom is the sweetest lady. I just love her!

Vicki's Vicissitudes said...

Great blog...and tell Evan congrats on first chair.

Erin said...

Such a sweet post, I am sure they see you as a blessing in their lives too. And yes, your daughters are beautiful!

Cathleen said...

I enjoyed reading about your wonderful mothers, very sweet! Happy belated Mother's Day wishes to you too! That is a great photo of you, your mother, and your daughters. Thanks for sharing.