Thursday, May 22, 2008

Whitney's Super Sweet 16...............

Today is Whitney's 16th birthday. It is really hard to imagine that she is that old. After all, she is one of my "little kids". I remember the day she was born like it was yesterday. I went in to the hospital early for a scheduled c-section. Everything went well and she was a beautiful, perfect baby girl. I also remember that it was Johnny Carson's last night to host the Tonight Show! I loved Johnny Carson and had looked forward to watching his last show. I was SO medicated I had a hard time staying awake. Brad was doing his best trying to keep me alert because he knew I really wanted to see it. haha Anyway, 16 years has come and gone since that day.

I think Whitney had a good birthday today. She got up early and opened her presents (a Chi straightener, a Coach bag she's been wanting and a ring). She also had gotten money from her grandparents. She opted to not have a big party this year. Tonight Brad and I, she and Evan went to Steamboat Bill's for some yummy food. Combined we had boiled shrimp, boudin balls, gumbo (both shrimp and chicken & sausage) & etouffe. It was delicious as always!
We decided as we were leaving to head across the highway to the beach to take some pictures. The sand was wet and soggy because it had rained and the wind was blowing like crazy but it was really fun.









After we left the beach we headed home for some cupcakes from Jo's Party House!


Birthday activities are over and now it's time to study for your finals!


Happy Birthday, Whitney! We are so proud of you and love you so much!

6 happy thoughts:

Susan said...

Cute pics at the beach, Happy B-day Whitney! :)

Laura said...

Yay! Another Laurel!!

Ivy said...

Happy birthday bit! Cute pictures and cute outfit! I hope you had a fun day - I mailed your present today.
Evan looks exactly like Taylor in that last picture.

Susan said...

Ivy seriously, Evan IS Taylor now!

gwen said...

May I add that that's even Taylor's shirt that Evan is wearing. I keep telling him to stay out of Taylor's closet.....

Julie Church said...

HOLY COW! Look at those pearly whites. Whitney your smile is so beautiful! Congrats on getting the braces off! I be your mouth is very happy.